Thursday, August 26, 2010

Iowa visit and my mom...

I went home to Iowa to visit for a couple of days last week. I really wanted to see my parents (it's been over a year since I've seen them) and as a bonus my daughter was there from college.

It was a great visit even though it was short - I was able to see one of my eternal best friends, we go back as far as elementary school. But I could tell my mom wasn't feeling well. Mom has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7, a couple days into the visit we discovered that she wasn't getting much airflow from the machine - they changed out something and she was feeling better.

HOWEVER - yesterday they put her in the hospital...pneumonia in both lungs, along with a host of other ailments. How did I find out this news? I found out because my sister saw an update on my daughter's FaceBook page... FACEBOOK!!!

How do you explain that if you live 1200 miles away you feel helpless enough without things like this? And I don't buy the "we didn't want to worry you" argument...it's not fair and not right.

Sigh...I can't yell at her - she's sick...

1 comment:

felicia said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!