Thursday, August 2, 2007

Power Ballads and Stuff

Helped give small birthday surprise to a woman in my office today - she seemed pleased which makes me glad. Sprinkles did most of the work as she always does. She's a great person and sometimes highly under appreciated. As evidenced by recent activities in her life. But that is her story to tell not mine.

Listening to power ballads today from the 80's - one of my guilty pleasures. I admit it - I'm a product of my environment and the 80's were definately a good time for me...I graduated high school in 84 - moved away and went to college, and met my future husbnd in 85 - married in 86 and had my children in 86, 88, and 89. I had my 3 kids close together which surprised a lot of people and they always told me I don't know how you do it. But now I am just into my 40's and they are all growing into their own adulthood. They are all wonderful in their own ways...and I am still young enough that I get to travel with my husband and enjoy our time together.

Back into the present - yesterday's drama with work friend was evidently laid to rest and she's a much calmer, happier person today. Which makes me happy - yes I am a closet sap...I hate to see people unhappy and tears will melt me like sugar in the rain. I try to have a hard candy shell to hide it. Sometimes it's not easy.

No comments: