Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Up to speed

I went on a trip to Atlanta with my sister this weekend. We left Saturday morning and got in early that evening. It was an enjoyable weekend overall - plenty of rest and shopping at IKEA & Dick Blicks (Art Supplies). Went in to the Atlanta office on Monday as my sister was in a payroll conference (the real reason for the trip).

As I was taken around and introduced to people in that office I didn't get any warm and fuzzies. My company was part of a recent acquisition and subsequently my department was transitioned to report to the corporate team. I manage our IT Helpdesk and there is also an IT Helpdesk in that office. I've been told we're keeping them separate so that both user groups get the support they need. But everyone I was introduced to had the same comment "oh I thought there was going to be one helpdesk". So feeling really secure now.

Oh well c'est la vie.

Got home late Monday night/Tuesday morning so I worked from home on Tuesday. Had a wonderful evening and horrible night. So now I sit at my desk in a foul mood...and now you're up to speed...

No comments: